What is an Uncontested Divorce?
In an Uncontested Divorce, you and your spouse agree to divorce and agree on all the issues of your case, including division of property (who gets what, who pays for what....), whether there is alimony and how much, and how much time each of you will spend with the children.
In an uncontested divorce, you and your spouse will sign an agreement before you even file for divorce and include this agreement with the paperwork submitted to the court. This makes the divorce process easier and faster.
How much will it cost?
Legal fees for an uncontested divorce are offered for a flat-rate of $550 (without kids) or $850 (with kids). In addition to this, you will be responsible for your court costs (filing fees), service fees and, if you have children, fees related to the parenting class.
What is included?
- Initial Consultation with an attorney
- A Marital Settlement Agreement, based on your specific needs
- A Parenting Plan, based on your specific needs
- Up to 2 free changes to the agreement and/or parenting plan (just in case your spouse does not agree to the original terms)
- Calculation of Child Support Guidelines
- Filing your case, including all the paperwork required by the court
- Preparation of your required Financial Affidavit
- Notary Services for all required documents
- An attorney will appear with you at your final hearing in Alachua County